15 Digital Marketing Stats Every Restaurant Owner Must Know
Running a restaurant business in today’s digital age requires the use of online marketing. Working with a reputable digital marketing agency is a good way to get the quality services you deserve.
Like any other digital marketing efforts, SEO for restaurants does not come without difficulties. As a workaround, it would be beneficial for all restaurant owners to learn about the digital marketing statistics that matter to the operations before devising a holistic strategy.
Here are some of the most important ones:
1. Online marketing influences more than one billion restaurant visits.
2. Consumers read restaurant reviews and positive reviews are among the key decision factor among 84% of the people.
3. Even a half-star difference on Yelp reviews affect the customers’ decision-making by 27%.
4. Over 57% of patrons favour ordering online, through the business’s website.
5. About 40% of people learn about a restaurant and food, in general, through websites, blogs, and apps.
Social media marketing stats
Social media platforms affect the decision of the consumers, too.
6. Consumers recommend restaurants that respond quickly on social platforms.
7. About 93% of patrons claim that how food products appear affects the decision to purchase.
8. About 30.2% of consumers use an app when searching for a restaurant.
Facebook marketing stats
9. Over 49% of consumers search on Facebook to find the next best restaurant.
10. About 75% of patrons use Facebook in choosing a restaurant.
Instagram marketing stats
11. Instagram is number one when it comes to app engagement with various restaurant brands.
12. Fast food brands have a 21.4 engagement ratio on Instagram vs. full-service restaurants with only 18.4.
13. Instagram influencer marketing attracts 5% new customers for a restaurant.
Twitter marketing stats
14. Fast food brands receive about 57% of more than one million Twitter mentions.
15. About 94% of Twitter users plan to visit and buy from a restaurant they follow.
The people have spoken: technology is an important element in the dining experience. What does this mean for your business? Simple. Your restaurant must be in front and centre when a consumer is deciding where to dine in. That is the work of SEO, most probably local SEO.