What You Need to Know to Create Compelling Videos for Social Media
If you’ve got something to sell, whether it’s a product, a service, or an idea, you need to promote it to your target market. One of the best ways to do that is through social media, which has become both the primary source of information and entertainment for many people. Faced with a choice between print and video content, a majority will prefer the latter.
Believe it or not, people watch about five billion videos on YouTube each day. If you don’t have the resources, you can hire the services of production companies in Denver to create promotional videos for your product.
Indeed, social video marketing has become an important factor in the success of many businesses. It’s not exclusively for YouTube. Facebook is also a good platform for videos, with around 500 million viewers on a daily basis. A majority of Twitter users (about 82%) consume video content, while 10 billion video views happen on Snapchat daily. That’s a lot of videos, and their views most likely include your target audience.
How will you know what kind of video will fit best with the top social media platforms and reach your intended viewers?
Here are some important specifications to take note of:
- A YouTube video should not exceed five minutes, unless your content is truly interesting. Also, place your call to action at the 30-second mark for maximum impact. Aspect ratio should be 16:9.
- Facebook videos that get the most views, shares, likes, and comments are usually the funny ones, those that contain DIY tips, product unboxing, or those that touch the heart. The video should be just a minute long and have the most compelling first three seconds.
- Facebook’s default setting has videos on mute, which results in about 85% of its videos being watched without sound. This makes it more important to come up with content that can be understood even without audio.
- Instagram videos are ideally 30 seconds to a minute long, with a 1:1 aspect ratio. Captions should be optimized with minimal hashtags.
- Snapchat videos should only be 10 seconds long to be effective, with an 18:9 aspect ratio, which is ideal for watching on mobile phones held vertically. The first snap video should be interesting enough to make viewers watch the next one.
- Twitter videos must be 30 seconds to a minute long as well, with an aspect ratio of 2.39:1. The focus should be on branding instead of promotion.
Videos have become the go-to method for attracting a specific target market and keeping them engaged. If you haven’t done one for your product or service, you’re missing out on its potential.